Schedule a Free Consultation diamond214-295-3014

If you are a U.S. citizen, you are eligible to bring your foreign national fiancée into the country.

There are regulations to follow and documents to submit, but once you finish with the details, your fiancée will qualify for the required K-1 visa.

About Form I-129F

As the petitioner to bring your fiancée to the U.S., you must first file Form I-129F, the Petition for Alien Fiancée, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In this document, you must confirm that the two of you are free to marry. You must also confirm that the marriage will occur within 90 days of your fiancée arriving in the U.S. as a K-1 non-immigrant.


What is a spouse visa?

Posted on in Spouse Visas

A spouse visa, also known as a K-3 visa, allows a person who has married a U.S. citizen to enter the United States while awaiting immigration approval. If you are a U.S. citizen married someone in another country who is not an American citizen, he or she can apply for the K-3 visa to shorten the time you must live apart.

Explore the steps toget a K-3 nonimmigrant visafor your spouse.

File petitions


If you and your fiancé are looking forward to marriage, there may be many different issues that have to be taken into consideration first, especially if your fiancé needs to deal with immigration issues and obtain a visa. This may be a very exciting time in both of your lives, but there may be a number of legal issues to take into consideration beforehand. The way in which you approach the visa process could play a key role in your fiancé’s ability to obtain a visa and move forward in your relationship, so it is imperative to prepare carefully.

From filing an application to getting a health exam and getting ready for an interview, there are a lot of different tasks that will have to be taken care of in order to help your fiancé work through immigration matters. It may seem stressful, especially if you are dealing with other concerns and stressors, such as planning your wedding or preparing to move to another part of the country after your wedding. With that being said, the visa process should be a top priority, especially since an unsuccessful outcome could be disastrous with respect to your marriage and the future of your relationship.

We know how overwhelming these things can be for couples, but the process can be broken down into smaller steps and you can have more confidence with the tasks you will have to work through in the near future. Please take the opportunity to review our website to read more about approaching the visa process with your fiancé.

Back to Top