Schedule a Free Consultation diamond214-295-3014

Dallas Green Card Attorney

Dallas Green Card Lawyers

Lawyer in North Texas Helping Immigrants Become Lawful Permanent Residents

If you are a U.S. resident, you may be able to help family members complete the immigration process. By assisting your loved ones in applying for family-based visas, you can provide the with opportunities to better their lives by living in safe communities and pursuing education or employment. However, navigating the immigration process can be a daunting task. In order to legally enter the United States, your family members must receive the proper visas, and they can also apply for permanent residency. While a Green Card can provide immigrants with many benefits, it is important to understand the requirements that must be met for those who wish to become lawful permanent residents (LPRs).

At the Law Office of Jae Lee, our experienced immigration lawyer knows the struggles that immigrants often face when applying for visas and Green Cards. We also know the advantages that resettling in the United States can provide for immigrants. With our extensive knowledge of the legal issues involved in immigration matters, we are prepared to provide your family with the legal help you need to secure legal status as permanent residents of the U.S.A.

Achieving Lawful Permanent Resident Status

For many years, when foreign nationals were granted lawful residency in the United States by U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), they received a special identification card that was colored green. Since then, the ID cards that are issued to LPRs have been known as "green cards." A Green Card holder may not be a U.S. citizen, but they do possess the right to live anywhere within the United States and work for U.S. employers, and they are protected by federal and state laws. In addition, a Green Card holder can apply for naturalization and take steps to become a U.S. citizen after meeting residency requirements and other criteria.

There are numerous ways that an immigrant may be able to receive a Green Card. Sponsorship from an American employer or a family member are some of the most common avenues used. Those who are recognized as refugees or who apply for asylum may also be able to become permanent residents after living in the United States for a certain number of years. To help you determine which route will allow you or your loved ones to achieve LPR status, our lawyer can review your situation and explain the options available. With our experience in immigration-related matters, we can ensure that all application materials are prepared properly, and we can also help appeal the denial of a visa or Green Card application.

Consular Processing

If you wish to bring a foreign national family member to the United States, consular processing may be an option. This process may be required in situations where those who plan to come to the U.S. are currently located in another country. When a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident applies for an immigrant visa on behalf of their relative, the immigrant can work with the U.S. consulate in the country where they are currently living to complete the Green Card application process.

After the immigrant has been granted a visa, they will be scheduled for an interview at the country's U.S. consulate. Once cleared to enter the United States, they can come to a port of entry, and Customs and Border Protection officials will conduct an inspection before admitting them as a lawful permanent resident. They will then be able to receive their Green Card and live permanently in the United States.

Adjustment of Status and Other Options

In addition to helping those located outside the United States receive authorization to enter the country, we can assist immigrants who are already present in the U.S. with the process of applying for Green Cards based on their current status. If a person came to the United States on a temporary visa as a tourist, student, or temporary worker, we can help them assess their options for gaining legal permanent residency via adjustment of status. We also work with refugees, victims of crimes such as domestic abuse, or those who wish to apply for asylum, ensuring that they can continue to live safely in the U.S. as permanent residents.

Contact Our Plano Green Card Lawyer

If you are ready to start the journey of obtaining a green card for yourself or a loved one, our legal team is here to help. Schedule a free consultation today by calling 214-295-3014 or filling out an online contact form. We look forward to helping you navigate the immigration process successfully. We assist with immigration-related matters in Collin County, Denton County, Dallas County, and other communities throughout North Texas from our offices in Dallas and Plano.

Back to Top