Please Note: The Law Office of Jae Lee is open and functioning , as we are prepared to work virtually. We are here to serve you, and are offering Virtual Meetings, Virtual Consults, Phone Consults.

My office can process your case without having to meet in person. I will do my best to make the process as simple as possible. I will be in constant communication via text, phone, or email to answer any questions you may have as you go through each step of the process.


Communicate with your attorney every step of the way.


Complete an online quesionaire


Upload requested documentation into my Client Portal.


Forms will be mailed to you for signature with a prepaid return envelope.


Attorney will review your case and mail to USCIS if everything is complete.

First-Generation Immigrant

Helping Individuals Through Professional Legal Counsel.

As an immigrant myself, I know firsthand the joy of coming to live in America. Let me help you pursue your dreams.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Firm News
  4.  » Becoming a U.S. citizen through naturalization

Becoming a U.S. citizen through naturalization

On Behalf of | Dec 4, 2019 | Firm News

As someone who is interested in becoming a U.S. citizen so you can live in Texas or another part of the nation, you may be able to do so through a process known as naturalization. At the Law Office of Jae Lee, I am well-versed in the process involved in becoming a citizen through naturalization, and I have helped many clients navigate this and a range of other immigration-related issues. 

According to, there are a number of important eligibility requirements you must meet before you are able to move forward with your efforts to become a U.S. citizen. For starters, you must be at least 18 at the time of your filing, and you must also have the ability to read, write and communicate using the English language. Additionally, you also have to be an individual of strong moral character in order to undergo consideration for citizenship. 

Furthermore, your situation must meet one of two distinct circumstances in order for you to move forward in your quest for citizenship. You must either have a Permanent Resident Green Card that you have held for at least five years or, conversely, if you are filing as the spouse of a current U.S. citizen, you need to have had a Permanent Resident Green Card for at least three years before you may move forward. 

Once you determine that you are, in fact, eligible to become a U.S. citizen, you will need to finish the other steps involved in a 10-step naturalization process. Some of these steps include taking the U.S. Naturalization Test, participating in a personal interview and preparing and submitting your form N-400, which is the formal application for naturalization. Find out more about applying for citizenship on our webpage.