Please Note: The Law Office of Jae Lee is open and functioning , as we are prepared to work virtually. We are here to serve you, and are offering Virtual Meetings, Virtual Consults, Phone Consults.

My office can process your case without having to meet in person. I will do my best to make the process as simple as possible. I will be in constant communication via text, phone, or email to answer any questions you may have as you go through each step of the process.


Communicate with your attorney every step of the way.


Complete an online quesionaire


Upload requested documentation into my Client Portal.


Forms will be mailed to you for signature with a prepaid return envelope.


Attorney will review your case and mail to USCIS if everything is complete.

First-Generation Immigrant

Helping Individuals Through Professional Legal Counsel.

As an immigrant myself, I know firsthand the joy of coming to live in America. Let me help you pursue your dreams.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. family-based immigration
  4.  » What is the process to bring my fiancé to the U.S.?

What is the process to bring my fiancé to the U.S.?

On Behalf of | Jul 3, 2019 | family-based immigration

If you wish to get married in Texas to someone who is not a U.S. citizen, then there are some things you will have to do to ensure he or she is legally allowed in the country. This involves getting a fiancé visa or a K-1 visa. You may have seen the popular TV show about this topic where people get married within 90 days of their fiancé coming to the country. There is a very good reason that the focus is on those 90 days.

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, you have to get married to the person using the K-1 visa within 90 days of them entering the country. However, that is only a small part of the whole process.

Your first step in the process is to file the correct forms and get recognition from the U.S. of your relationship. You may need to provide evidence as well. Once you have an approval of your relationship status, your fiancé can then file for the visa.

If approved, there is an inspection when your fiancé enters the country with the visa. This inspection is the final approval for your fiancé to enter the country. There could still be a denial at this point, but if your fiancé does enter the country, the clock starts to click away on your 90 days. If you are not married within 90 days, your fiancé’s visa expires and he or she must leave the country.

If you do get married, then your new spouse may apply for a green card. This information is for education and is not legal advice.