Please Note: The Law Office of Jae Lee is open and functioning , as we are prepared to work virtually. We are here to serve you, and are offering Virtual Meetings, Virtual Consults, Phone Consults.

My office can process your case without having to meet in person. I will do my best to make the process as simple as possible. I will be in constant communication via text, phone, or email to answer any questions you may have as you go through each step of the process.


Communicate with your attorney every step of the way.


Complete an online quesionaire


Upload requested documentation into my Client Portal.


Forms will be mailed to you for signature with a prepaid return envelope.


Attorney will review your case and mail to USCIS if everything is complete.

First-Generation Immigrant

Helping Individuals Through Professional Legal Counsel.

As an immigrant myself, I know firsthand the joy of coming to live in America. Let me help you pursue your dreams.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. green cards
  4.  » How do I qualify for a green card?

How do I qualify for a green card?

On Behalf of | Jul 19, 2019 | green cards

A green card allows you to live legally in the United States. With this document, you can make your home in Texas, secure a job and take advantage of other benefits from being a legal immigrant. There are many ways you can secure a green card, according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Some methods require you know people already living in the United States while others allow you to pave your own way.

Green cards are available if you are a crime victim or refugee. You may also get one when seeking asylum in the country. If you are a victim of abuse from a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident or Cuban native, then you may also qualify. You may also file for a green card if you have been living in the country since before January 1, 1972 continuously.

If you have a special immigrant status, you may also get a card. Special includes working as a member of the media, a juvenile who has been abandoned, abused or neglected by your parents and religious workers. You may also be considered special if you are a retired employee of NATO or other international organizations.

A green card is also an option if you are coming to the U.S. for work in certain fields, are a Cuban native, are a Lautenberg parolee or were born in the U.S. to a foreign diplomatic officer. If you were born in Canada or are 50% American Indian, then you, too, may get a card.

Probably the best known option is through family. If you are married to a citizen or the child of a citizen, then you can usually qualify for a green card. Other family members may also qualify. There is also the option if you are going to marry a citizen.

These are not an exhaustive list of all the possible ways to qualify for a green card, but they do give a good overview. This information is for education and is not legal advice.