Schedule a Free Consultation diamond214-295-3014

Plano Consular Processing Attorney

Plano Consular Processing Attorneys

Lawyer in Collin County Helping Foreign Nationals Abroad Seek Green Cards

A foreign national who is already in the United States on a temporary visa but wishes to remain in the U.S. permanently may seek an Adjustment of Status. By changing their status to lawful permanent resident, they can receive a Green Card. If that same foreign national, however, is not currently in the U.S., Consular Processing is likely to be the pathway to a new life in the United States. These procedures can be complicated, but immigrants and their family members can make sure they are following the correct steps by working with a qualified immigration attorney from the Law Office of Jae Lee.

Attorney Jae Lee immigrated to the United States as a child when his family left South Korea to build a life in America. He graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point and served his new country with honor before obtaining his law degree and focusing his career on helping others looking to come to the United States. Mr. Lee and his team are well-versed in the laws and regulations associated with Consular Processing, and we will do everything we can to help you secure the successful outcome you deserve.

Steps Followed During Consular Processing

An immigrant who is located outside the United States will typically need to receive an immigrant visa that will allow them to enter the U.S. A sponsor in the United States, which may include either a family member who is a U.S. citizen or an American employer, will file an application for a visa on behalf of the immigrant.

After a visa petition is approved, the immigrant work with the U.S. Department of State to submit the necessary documents and complete other aspects of the immigration process. They will be scheduled for an interview at the closest U.S. embassy or consulate. If immigration personnel determine that the person qualifies for an immigrant visa and should be allowed to resettle in the United States, the consular office will send them a packet of information that must be brought to the United States.

After arriving in the United States, the immigrant will give the packet of information to customs officials. They will be inspected, and once their entry is approved, they will be authorized to reside permanently in the U.S. and work for employers in the country. They will then receive their Green Card in the mail.

Helping You Through the Challenges of Consular Processing

There are many variables associated with the U.S. immigration process, especially when it comes to approving immigrant visas and Green Card applications. At any stage of the process, challenges can arise and obstacles may present themselves. If you are a foreign national looking to come to the United States, our team can help you fully understand your available options. It is impossible to guarantee that your immigration application will be approved, regardless of which avenue you choose, but our team will do everything we can to give you the best chance of success.

Call 972-905-2170 Today

For more information about obtaining a Green Card through Consular Processing, contact our office. Call the Law Office of Jae Lee at 972-905-2170 for a free consultation and case review. Our top priority is helping you get the opportunity to enjoy the benefits that life in the United States has to offer.

Back to Top