Please Note: The Law Office of Jae Lee is open and functioning , as we are prepared to work virtually. We are here to serve you, and are offering Virtual Meetings, Virtual Consults, Phone Consults.

My office can process your case without having to meet in person. I will do my best to make the process as simple as possible. I will be in constant communication via text, phone, or email to answer any questions you may have as you go through each step of the process.


Communicate with your attorney every step of the way.


Complete an online quesionaire


Upload requested documentation into my Client Portal.


Forms will be mailed to you for signature with a prepaid return envelope.


Attorney will review your case and mail to USCIS if everything is complete.

First-Generation Immigrant

Helping Individuals Through Professional Legal Counsel.

As an immigrant myself, I know firsthand the joy of coming to live in America. Let me help you pursue your dreams.

  1. Home
  2.  » Green Cards For Persons Located Outside The U.S.

Need Help Getting A Visa For A Family Member Outside The US?

One way to obtain a family-based immigrant visa, or green card, is by applying for an adjustment of status. This is often an option for temporary visitors or students.

Understanding The Consular Process

However, individuals can also obtain green cards through a procedure known as consular processing. Those located outside of the United States who wish to pursue lawful permanent residence status can submit the requisite documentation to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their country of origin. This location will also be where the interview will take place.

The process of applying for lawful permanent residence status via consular processing is complex. There are strict procedural obligations and stringent filing requirements.

However, guidance from an experienced attorney can help minimize mistakes and delays, and help streamline the process.

One-On-One Guidance From A Knowledgeable Immigration Lawyer

I am Jae Lee, an immigration attorney in Plano, and I assist individuals in Plano and throughout northeastern Texas with a wide variety of immigration matters.

I am a former immigrant and former United States service member. After attending school at West Point, I served in the U.S. Army.

I am grateful for the opportunity I was given and have devoted my life to giving back to my country and others who wish to pursue their dreams of becoming lawful residents or permanent United States citizens.

Let me help you or your loved one pursue a green card.

Contact Me Today

Unlike other law firms, I offer one-on-one guidance during every stage of the process involved with the consular process. You will always be able to call, text or email me anytime with questions or concerns.

Call 972-905-2170 today to set up an appointment. If you have a question, send me a confidential email.

I offer competitive flat-fee rates for most services and payment plans. I also accept credit cards.

Learn more about how to apply for citizenship or how to seek a provisional waiver.