Please Note: The Law Office of Jae Lee is open and functioning , as we are prepared to work virtually. We are here to serve you, and are offering Virtual Meetings, Virtual Consults, Phone Consults.

My office can process your case without having to meet in person. I will do my best to make the process as simple as possible. I will be in constant communication via text, phone, or email to answer any questions you may have as you go through each step of the process.


Communicate with your attorney every step of the way.


Complete an online quesionaire


Upload requested documentation into my Client Portal.


Forms will be mailed to you for signature with a prepaid return envelope.


Attorney will review your case and mail to USCIS if everything is complete.

First-Generation Immigrant

Helping Individuals Through Professional Legal Counsel.

As an immigrant myself, I know firsthand the joy of coming to live in America. Let me help you pursue your dreams.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. family-based immigration
  4.  » Can a parent with a fiance(e) visa bring children to the US?

Can a parent with a fiance(e) visa bring children to the US?

On Behalf of | Feb 27, 2020 | family-based immigration

Blended families often have unique circumstances when it comes to the law. If you are considering an engagement with a U.S. citizen, you may have concerns about how moving to the United States to be with your future spouse will affect your children. 

According to the U.S. Department of State—Bureau of Consular Affairs, options are available to bring your children with you or have them follow you after your move to America. However, a child does not qualify for the following options if he or she is married. 

K-2 visa paperwork 

Your fiance(e) should include your children on the I-129F petition he or she fills out for you. Once the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services approves your application, your children will become eligible to apply for their K-2 visas. They must move to the U.S. within a year of the date you receive your K-1 visa or they will no longer qualify for a K-2 visa. 

Your fiance(e) must fill out separate K-2 visa applications for each of your children. There is a K-2 application fee for each of the petitions. 

Adjustment of status 

When you marry, you will need to file for adjustment of status. Unlike your fiance(e) visa application, your adjustment of status petition does not include your children. Each of your children will have to have his or her own application. 

If one of your children turns 18 before you marry, he or she will not qualify for the K-2 visa. The legal stepparent-stepchild relationship must begin while the child is a minor.