Please Note: The Law Office of Jae Lee is open and functioning , as we are prepared to work virtually. We are here to serve you, and are offering Virtual Meetings, Virtual Consults, Phone Consults.

My office can process your case without having to meet in person. I will do my best to make the process as simple as possible. I will be in constant communication via text, phone, or email to answer any questions you may have as you go through each step of the process.


Communicate with your attorney every step of the way.


Complete an online quesionaire


Upload requested documentation into my Client Portal.


Forms will be mailed to you for signature with a prepaid return envelope.


Attorney will review your case and mail to USCIS if everything is complete.

First-Generation Immigrant

Helping Individuals Through Professional Legal Counsel.

As an immigrant myself, I know firsthand the joy of coming to live in America. Let me help you pursue your dreams.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. family-based immigration
  4.  » How can you help your child adjust to the US?

How can you help your child adjust to the US?

On Behalf of | Dec 30, 2019 | family-based immigration

Every year, thousands of people travel to the United States to become citizens, many of which reside in Texas. If you choose to immigrate with your family, it can be an exciting new journey. Unfortunately, there are adjustments that you also have to make. For children especially, it may be difficult to acclimate to a new home, culture and language. Culture shock is a real thing and kids do not always know how to deal with it.

The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry explains that children can feel a number of negative emotions after a move. This does not mean that you made a poor decision in moving, it simply means that you need to pay extra attention to that child’s needs. Children may feel angry or anxious and instead of being able to talk about it, they may get into trouble or react negatively at school.

In order for your child to be able to adjust in a healthy way, you may need the help of a mental health professional. Professionals can help understand the issues that your children are having. For instance, if your child is having a rough time making friends in a new country, he or she will be able to empathize and find ways to help the child adjust.

To find a mental health professional that understands your culture, your language and what your children experience, you should speak with others in your cultural community or to the counselors at school to find someone who may have a similar background to you and your family.

The information provided is for educational purposes only and not to be interpreted as legal advice.